IBM Flex System
IBM Flex System represents an entirely new generation of technology, with more performance and bandwidth, true integrated enterprise SAN storage, and far more capability to consolidate and virtualize than previous systems. A game changer.
Businesses around the world have a timely opportunity to move forward beyond blade servers, transforming the data center by bringing together servers, networking, and storage – all under integrated management – with IBM Flex System.
Your business needs an infrastructure solution with a flexible architecture to support your needs today, but also designed to support multiple generations of future technologies. You need simple, integrated management to keep operational costs down, but you also want a no-compromise design with long-term investment protection.
Whether you need to migrate an existing blade server infrastructure to simplify management and improve performance and flexibility, or implement new workloads, a converged infrastructure like IBM Flex System can meet your needs.
Starting with an innovative chassis designed for new levels of simplicity, reliability, and upgradability, IBM Flex System can help you go beyond blade servers. With a broad range of x86 and IBM POWER compute nodes, the Flex System V7000 storage node, enhanced networking capabilities and sophisticated system management capabilities, you can upgrade your existing blade server system to this converged infrastructure to make your IT simpler, more flexible, more open, and more efficient.
- Price-optimized entry nodes to performance-optimized 4-socket nodes for your most demanding applications
- Available with the highest capability processors and industry-leading memory capability for x86-based compute nodes and the latest IBM ® POWER ® and POWER7+™ processors for maximum performance and efficiency
- Double-dense design can support the equivalent of 28 nodes per IBM Flex System™ Enterprise Chassis
- Storage capabilities optimized for efficiency and performance
- Optional IBM Flex System V7000 Storage Node offers storage virtualization, Real-time Compression™ to reduce capacity needs, and IBM Easy Tier ® to optimize data placement
Management integration with IBM Flex System Manager™
- Single point of control, smart provisioning and mobile management
- Upward integration: integrate hardware management functions with VMware vCenter or Microsoft System Center
- Simple administration: Flex System Manager fuel gauge calculates remaining systems management capacity and makes recommendations for FSM performance optimization
- Scalability: manage up to 16 Flex System virtualized chassis, 224 compute nodes, and a total of 5000 end points from a single Flex System Manager