Are you a talented IT Consultant that loves to solve complex problems and help people with your knowledge? If so, we are looking for you!
Every day, you will challenge your technical knowledge and abilities by designing and implementing robust and innovative infrastructure solutions. You will play a critical role as an escalation point for the support team, solving complex issues and working on challenging projects.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide a first class client experience with timely, accurate and efficient delivery on all projects and technical support, ensuring complex challenges are resolved in a simplified manner
- Complete design, implementation, assessment, remediation and deployment projects involving virtualization, storage, networking, security, backup/DR and hyper-converged infrastructure
- Maintain consistent, accurate and current documentation and asset lists for client environments
- Take full accountability and ownership of projects and tickets, ensuring proper planning, execution and follow up, with timely communication throughout
- Maintain expert level knowledge and certifications with industry leading vendors such as VMware, Veeam, Microsoft, HPE, Cisco and Lenovo.
- Work with the sales team to identify new service and solution opportunities and provide recommendations for both existing and new clients
- Participate in rotating shifts and weekend/after-hours “on-call” rotation
- Utilize Able-One’s ticketing and time entry system for client billing and time tracking
- Continuously update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations
Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in delivering virtualization, storage, networking, security and hyper-converged infrastructure solutions
- Proven experience in designing, implementing, troubleshooting and providing support for a variety of Microsoft, VMware and Veeam solutions
- Demonstrable ability to work in a team as well as independently
- Excellent critical thinking capabilities to troubleshoot and resolve complex operating system, software and hardware challenges
- Working knowledge and experience in the areas of Windows, Active Directory, TCP/IP, DNS, LAN/WAN, Wi-Fi and VPN
- Certifications from VMware, Microsoft and industry leading hardware manufacturers are required
- A+ and/or ITIL certifications are a great asset
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Experience working in multi-location or multi-client environments is a great asset
- Ontario G class driver’s license
- You will receive a competitive salary, commission plan, and full health benefits as part of your overall compensation package
- You will work in a beautiful, modern office in the heart of Kitchener’s Innovation District. Just a short walk from the Transit Hub, LRT, restaurants and the offices of Google and Communitech
- We will ensure you receive the training you need on the latest IT solutions to keep you ahead of the technology curve
- We have a full gourmet kitchen stocked with coffee, espresso and snacks; you might even find some cold beer in the fridge
- Our amazing culture is promoted with regular team building and social activities – we are a fun and supporting environment
About Able One
We are an established team of experts that assist our clients in designing, implementing, and managing optimized IT environments so they can focus on their core business. We promise that when you join our team, you will never be bored. Our list of clients come from various industries and look to Able-One to deliver innovative solutions that help their businesses succeed. We will invest in your success with great compensation, lead generation, growth opportunities and a motivating environment in Kitchener’s Innovation District.
Want to quickly see what Able One is all about?