Are you a talented Systems Engineer that loves to solve complex problems and help people with your knowledge? We want to hear from you!
We promise that when you join our team, you will never be bored. Our list of clients are from various industries and are looking for innovative solutions.
Every single day, you will challenge your knowledge and abilities by helping our clients design, implement and support their virtual systems and network infrastructure. You will even have the opportunity to work with our sales team by assisting them in architecting virtual environments that differentiate our proposals from the competition.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide a first class client experience with timely, accurate and efficient delivery on all projects and technical support, ensuring complex challenges are resolved in a simplified manner
- Receive, log and manage client tickets in a pro-active manner to ensure service levels are met and issues are escalated appropriately
- Maintain consistent, accurate and current documentation and asset lists for client environments
- Take full accountability and ownership of projects and tickets, ensuring proper planning, execution and follow up, with timely communication throughout
- Participate in weekend and after-hours “on-call” rotation
- Utilize Able One’s ticketing and time entry system for client billing, time tracking and expense entries, including details on work performed to ensure effective communication between team members
- Continuously update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations
- Maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles
- Escalate internally and with partners when required to implement the best solution in the most efficient manner
- Complete implementation, assessment, remediation and deployment projects involving server, storage and network infrastructure and end user devices
- Provide first line remote technical support; answering support queries via phone or email
- Provide on-site service of hardware, software and network issues when required
- Leverage active directory knowledge for creating user accounts, resetting passwords, creating groups etc.
- Learn and use Able One’s standard tools including but not limited to our ticketing system, remote monitoring and management tools, backup management tools with a focus on automation and efficiency
Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in the areas of Windows operating systems, Active Directory, TCP/IP, DNS, LAN/WAN, Wi-Fi and VPN
- Experience working in a Managed Service Provider (MSP) environment, supporting multi-location or multi-customer environments
- Critical thinking capabilities to troubleshoot and resolve complex operating system, software and hardware challenges
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Ontario Driver’s License (G Class) and a car
- Strong team player
- Nice to have:
- ITIL training/experience
- Professional Microsoft certifications
Why Able One
- You will receive a competitive salary, full health benefits and bonus as part of your compensation package
- You will work in a hybrid model- time will be split between home office and beautiful, modern office in the heart of Kitchener’s Innovation District. Just a short walk from the Transit Hub, LRT, restaurants and the offices of Google and Communitech
- We will ensure you receive the training you need on the latest IT solutions to keep you ahead of the technology curve
- We have a full gourmet kitchen stocked with coffee, espresso and snacks; you might even find some beer in the fridge
- Our amazing culture is promoted with regular team building and social activities – we are a fun and supporting environment
About Able One
We are an established team of experts that assist our clients in designing, implementing, and managing optimized IT environments so they can focus on their core business. We promise that when you join our team, you will never be bored. Our list of clients come from various industries and look to Able One to deliver innovative solutions that help their businesses succeed. We will invest in your success with great compensation, training and development, growth opportunities and a motivating environment in Kitchener’s Innovation District.
Want to quickly see what Able One is all about?
If you are a top performer that loves solving problems and taking initiative, we look forward to hearing from you!